The Corinne's disclaimer

The Republic of the 10 Corinnes is not responsible for any and all harm one might incur while peeking into their brilliant if weird universe, please be prepared to deal with all that may happen to you.. common side effects include but are not limited to : laughter, incontrollable sobbing, complete puzzlement, utter astonishment, etc..

Friday, March 8, 2013

Musings of a Rambling Mind

If you were looking for a post to inspire you, this is NOT it.... If you were looking for a post to stimulate your mind, this is NOT it.... heck, if you were looking for a post that makes sense!! This is still NOT it....  All this is going to be is a wildly zigzagging trip into the consciousness of my mind.. and maybe subconsciousness as well..

It occurred to me that I wait till I have wild stories and awesome pictures to post on my blog, which is all fine and dandy, except that I started this blog as sort of a journal and sadly my life is most definitely not made up of wild stories and/or pictures!!! It's the truth!! I have a million pictures of my cat (I know it's scary, but deal with it!!) and about 0 pictures of myself and Dana for the past "I can't remember the last time we took pictures of ourselves" months.  So every so often I am just going to ramble on about different things on my blog! After all, isn't that what a lot of people do in their journals?!? And yes, I do realize that this is public domain, so not to worry, nothing too personal or sensitive in here... I hope.

TANGENT 1

Speaking of journals..... A couple of months ago, Dana and I were at Walmart, I think, or some other such store; and we walked by this display of awesome journals, you know the kind: hard back, gorgeous designs and that magnetized flap that makes you feel all important and secretive!! Or at least it does for me. As we walked by them I coveted one! As Dana indicated that I could indulge myself, I spent close to 10 minutes undecided then finally picked the "perfect" one! Not sure why it mattered so much, but there it was. I bought it with the intention of finally starting my personal journal (there are some things you just can't share on a blog!!) It's now a few months later and it still sits untouched by pen or pencil, in my bookcase. As I thought about why that was, I realized that I don't know how to journal.... does that sounds weird and/or stupid? When I have tried it in the past, it either reads like the final act of a really bad tragedy, where everyone dies, after stabbing each other in the back or the greatest spiritual "cheese fest" of all times!!! Why is that?!?! Why am I so dramatic on paper?!?! Is this some latent tendency that I ruthlessly suppress in my daily life and that spews forth when pen meets paper?  Is there a "Journaling for Dummies" out there? I do feel that it is important to keep a journal and I really want to, but I'd like it to be something that could be passed on to my grandchildren and great grandchildren without making them depressed or rolling their eyes in disgust!!! Any thoughts?!?!  I'll have to think about this more.

TANGENT 2

Smart Phones.... are they the devil? or are they the best thing to ever happen to mankind? Well, it's been about a month since we made the switch and I can tell you that the blasted things hasn't left my sight in all that time... I think the furthest away it's been from my hand is probably 5 feet... maybe 4!  And now I know that I was right to resist for all these yrs!!! There are games on it.... texting is super easy and there are all sorts of apps and things to explore!!! it's like an endless Christmas gift... everyday there is something new and shiny to find!!! I think I need therapy!!! Anyone know a good doctor? I need to work on this new found dependency of mine... (takes quick break to check on the phone)

TANGENT 3

I like to think of myself as a fairly well adjusted person, but there are a few things I just cannot be rational about no matter how hard I try: heights, small confined spaces and the dentist!  While for the most part I can safely go about my life avoiding the first two, the last one is a necessary evil we all must face. Now don't get me wrong, it's not the dentist I hate, it's the irrational fear that by going to the dentist, all my teeth will fall out! it doesn't make sense, but there it is.
For the past 10yrs I have unwisely avoided going to the dentist, any and all excuses have been employed in achieving this goal! But alas, the time had come when the rational mind takes over the irrational one and makes you go to the dentist, because "hey, if you wait any longer you may end up losing all your teeth!!" So off we went. Now, I have been blessed with having a dentist in the family and he is amazingly good at his job and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. So we made our appts, made our way out to Idaho and went in to do the deed. Apparently the Lord new I was going to need a lot of help with this and blessed me with fairly good teeth; after all the neglect they suffered I only had 4 cavities to fill! What a relief! Oh and let's not forget the deep cleaning... my favorite part.. NOT! Anyways, when all was said and done I was feeling relieved and was hopeful that the recovery wouldn't be too painful. Guess I should have really waited for the anesthetic to wear off... it's been over a week now and I still can't chew with the left side of my mouth... my teeth are super sore and extremely sensitive and even with my steady diet of ibuprofen, the pain won't go away or even lessen.
I am struggling to find the moral of this story, is it:

A) You should NEVER go to the dentist again
or
B) You should NEVER wait this long to go back again

I can't quite decide......

TANGENT 4

Spring time is just around the corner!!!!! Since we bought this house, I am determined to get some planting done this year!! I think I am going to start with my herb garden.... basil, rosemary, sage, mint, thyme, chives and so many more!!! I think tomorrow I will visit my old friend, the Home Depot, and spend a small fortune on everything garden and start potting my herbs!! Can't hardly wait! Cooking with fresh herbs kicks cooking with dry, store bought seasonings in the teeth!! Big Time!! I just hope I get enough sunlight thru my "forest" to be able to grow them... also, pray that I don't have a black thumb!!!

TANGENT 5

Laundry... is there anything worst?!?!? Of all the house chores, doing laundry is the bane of my existence!!! I hate it, not that I don't like clean clothes, because I REALLY do, I just hate the process to get them that way!!! If there is one thing that I am a champion procrastinator at, is doing laundry... I am so good at it, that laundry is the only chore Dana will do of his own volition, mostly when he is out of socks! I wish they would come up with a tube that you could walk into, fully dressed, that would clean your clothes while you were still wearing them!! Somebody please get on it, stat!!

While I wait for that to happen though, I am proud to admit that after yrs of therapy, or more accurately years of internal debates, browbeating and ridicule,  I have come to the conclusion that doing laundry is a lot easier than coming up with new and inventive reasons why I CAN'T do laundry that day and then dealing with the subsequent guilt about not having done it, while still having piles of laundry undone!!! Now I simply get up once a week, declare it Laundry Day and go about washing, drying and folding clothes... no hassle, no internal debates, no guilt.  Why did I not think of doing it this way before?!?!? Score one for Corinne... now if only I had thought to put this on my New Years Resolution list..... :)

Well, I think this concludes my ramblings for the day, now off to be productive! P.S. is my punctuation as bad as I think it is?!?!?

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment