The Corinne's disclaimer

The Republic of the 10 Corinnes is not responsible for any and all harm one might incur while peeking into their brilliant if weird universe, please be prepared to deal with all that may happen to you.. common side effects include but are not limited to : laughter, incontrollable sobbing, complete puzzlement, utter astonishment, etc..

Friday, December 3, 2010

Why me!??!

Ok, so it always happens this way, don't ask me why but it really does!!

There I was, just minding my own business, dreaming a little, playing a little, working a little, packing a lot (I think cardboard box and tape fumes are partially to blame for what happend next) ..... and then I thought "well, Corinne, looks like there is not going to be much to do once December comes, the move is done, Custom Kingdoms is always dead, you don't have a church calling, it would be the PERFECT time for a little extra trip!!"  (what was I thinking even then?!?!? It's not like I haven't taken enough trips already this year!! Case in point:
  • Barbadoes for a month - February/March
  • Barbadoes again for 6 weeks - April/May
  • Utah - June (or maybe July, who can remeber!!)
  • Christmas trip to Missouri
Anyways, my little brain (and with the influence of Corinne #3, more details on the different Corinnes to come) decided another trip was just the ticket. Yeahy!! so exciting!!   And yes it is!! It is going to be awesome. Five days in Utah next week, I leave on Thursday and come home on Tuesday, one very long fun filled weekend. Woot!! Must remember to bring party hats!  (too bad Dana couldn't come with me, I'll have to party doubly hard to make up for that! ;) )

But here is where it all went terribly wrong!!!  (maybe it's punishment for leaving my husband at home alone?!?  Isn't all the cleaning and laundry/dishes that I will have to do when I get back punishment enough?!?! ) So,here is what happend: one of our lovely customers (bless his beady little heart!!) forwarded our website onto Blue Table Painting, second time he has done that. However, this time they took a look and liked what they saw and decided  to order some stuff and promote it on their youtube channel!! So far so good, you might be thinking, WRONG!!!

What that has spawned, during a time where we are usually dead (I have 3 yrs of records to document this!!), is  a flood of interest and orders. Once again, the thought here might be GOOD! WRONG!! not good, at all, how am I supposed to fill all these orders when I am only going to be home for 2 weeks in December?!?!?!? And to top it all off, we have had to change the plastic resin we were using and are still playing catch up!!  sigh..... Here I am on Friday morning, looking at the VERY long next 5 days..... 18 houses to go.... possibly more, we have one customer that contacted us wanting to place a $1200 order.... that's 24 more houses, 4 of which are custom orders. I ask you... what am I going to do??!!? 

I see a new relationship developing between me and my paint brushes.... there may have to be a break up after all, too much constant companionship might be just enough to break our already strenuous relationship!!
Checking our email has now become a nightmare..... I cautiosly approach my computer, timidly I launch the internet browser..... I debate, should I?!?!? or maybe if I ignore it, it will all go away... biting my nails, with a sense of impending doom I enter the url for our email, I spell it all out "www" included, anything to put it off a little longer..... there, the evil log in box wants me to conciously make the decision to enter "Tell me your password, ye that are doomed to slavery by orders!! Mhuahahahaah" my trembling fingers enter the password.... "wrong password" it yells at me in that embarassing shade of red that makes me think of grade school and all those papers I turned in all black and were returned to me mostly in red!! ...sigh, now I have to psych myself up all over again... there, finally got it right........ WHAT?!?!??! there are 6 unread emails?!?!?   ..... after coming to, how did I get on the floor?!?!?, I muster up the courage to check the inbox....... click, I close my eyes... cover them with my hands... and peek thru my fingers .....WHAT?!?!? all of this trembling and trepidation and it's all stupid Post-post-post BlacK FRIDAY ADVERTSIMENTS?!?!?!? ..... If I drank, this would be the time to grab a little something......

I am grateful for the added income and the success that we are having, but really?!?! all at the same time?!?!? and when I have little to no time to get this done?!?!? 

Oh well, I guess I'll take what I can get..... and I better get back to it!!

Corinne
P.S. Have you been ridiculed by the ugly and mocking red font?!?!? Join us in abolishing that color on the internet, TCFNMRF!!! (The Coalition for NO MORE RED font) Sign up today and make a difference!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment